June 2017

STERN CLEATS- EPOXY WORKS ON DECK Finally we uncovered all the interior and got rid of the cardboards. What a revelation ! Our boat was looking great all painted and with new windows. The deck with the new Gebo hatches. The white areas are where we did the repairs. Because epoxy cannot stay long in …

May 2017

DECK FITTINGS- TAFF RAIL REPAIR- MORE PAINTINGS Our new compass Contest 130. Installing the deck air ventilators. And the new deck fillers, for the water tank.... ...and for the fuel.  The portside cleat on the foredeck. And the refurbished old Lewmars 8 for the spinnaker sheets. This is one of the new Lewmars on the …

April 2017

NEW CHAIN PLATES- EPOXY REPAIRS ON DECK- NEW WINDOWS Installing the new U-bolts was a  precision job.  These are the top shroud's U-bolts. A new hole had to be done through the web. First we had to drill a pilot hole.  Here again, the Contessa 32 forum helped us to understand exactly the procedure. Then …

March 2017

STAINING & VARNISHING - STRIPPING THE DECK FITTINGS-REMOVING WINDOWS & HATCHES With the first warmer days of March we started staining the plywood pieces. In total 32 boards of different shapes and sizes. Most of them were 12mm and some 9mm thick. First of all, we had to give them the right color. After the …

February 2017

 EPOXY WORKS- REMOVING THE OLD TOERAIL- SANDING THE HULL- INTERIOR PAINTINGS EPOXY SESSION:  PART 3 All tools were ready: resin, fast hardener (for winter), silica, microfibers, lightweight filler, nitrile gloves, white overalls, and of course masks. On both sides of the V-berth a long plywood batten has been epoxied just over the original stringers. This will …

January 2017

MORE CARPENTRY Happy New Year 2017 ! At the boatyard, working all day until 10pm. We had to sand the plywood pieces from  the front cabin and adjust them all together. The holes are obviously there to provide some ventilation for the lockers. It was now  the time to finish the cupboards doors. Originally the …

December 2016

CARPENTRY & EPOXY WORKS The first thing  we had to do this month  was to take measurements for the interior woodwork. That  included a double V-berth in the forepeak, a starboard berth in the main cabin and a full stern berth, as well as some other small wood lockers and shelves. After looking around in …

November 2016

COVERING THE DECK- REMOVING THE DIESEL TANK - MAST STEP REPAIR- REMOVING WINCHES & HANDRAILS We started building up a structure made of PVC hoses and plastic covers to keep the deck warm and dry during the winter months. This protection proved to be a very clever idea which enabled us to work on deck …